SDSN Youth focuses on amplifying the tremendous energy and capabilities of youth in generating broader buy-in for the UN Sustainable Development Goals by mobilizing recourse and building capacity to empower action. It provides a platform for young people from different communities to connect and share ideas and experiences addressing the challenges of sustainable development.
SDSN Youth Black Sea is the youth department of the UN SDSN Black Sea. SDSN Youth Black Sea was established in July 2020 to empower young people of the Black Sea region to create sustainable solutions and to be part of the global movement of SDSN Youth.
Our vision is to unite the young people of the wide Black Sea region under the goal of sustainable development.
SDSN Youth Black Sea pursues the mission of SDSN Youth, to “empower young people globally to create sustainable solutions through education, communities, and innovation”.
Aims and Objectives
- Educate young people about the SDGs and create pathways for achieving them.
- Connect young people to exchange ideas, share experiences, and collaborate to achieve the SDGs.
- Support young people in the creation and scaling of innovative solutions for the SDGs.
What we do
- Organize activities focusing on sustainability.
- Support and participate in SDSN Black Sea’s and SDSN Youth’s initiatives.
- Raise awareness on various topics related to sustainable development.
- Collaborate with youth organizations/ youth groups.
- Coordinate the SDSN Youth Membership Program in the Black Sea region.
- Engage students in higher education in the global effort to achieve the 2030 Agenda through the SDG Students Program.
- Promote a variety of opportunities.
Evangelia Savvidou, Medical Student, Aristotle University of Thessaloniki, Greece
Contact info: email@example.com