The Membership Program is a network of student associations, youth-led and youth-focused organizations and other institutions dedicated to youth empowerment and the implementation of the Sustainable Development Goals (SDGs).
Who can apply as a Member Organization?
Member Organizations should have expertise or be active in one or more areas related to sustainable development and commit a substantial amount of their own work towards finding and/or implementing solutions for sustainable development.
Qualifications of Member Organizations
- Accredited university clubs and societies, youth-led/focused organizations and youth based networks with demonstrated capacities and a strong track record in education, research and/or project work on one or more themes of sustainable development in their respective campus, community, city, country and/or region;
- A demonstrated desire and ability to play an active role in local, national, regional and global problem solving and advocacy for sustainable development;
- Stated commitment from the head of the entity to become a dedicated SDSN Youth Member;
- Organizations that are focused on achieving specific goals and targets outlined in the Sustainable Development Goals (SDGs)
- Associated with a Regional/National SDSN Center
Why join SDSN Youth as a Member Organization?
By becoming a member of the SDSN Youth, your organization will: join a unique network of problem solvers, have access to resources such as research and events, be a part of a community with access to hundreds of global experts and academics in sustainable development, and contribute to practical solutions.
Benefits of Membership
- Attend exclusive events
- Participate in projects and solutions
- Access expertise and knowledge
- Connect with other organizations
- Contribute to UN agenda
- Get support for your projects
- Connect with global leaders
- Reach a global audience
- Recognition and branding
What are the responsibilities of Member Organizations?
The following list sets out the duties, responsibilities and expectations of all SDSN Youth Member Organizations:
- Attend conference calls held by Network Coordinators.
- Attend webinars with leading SDSN figures.
- Actively contribute to the SDSN Youth online platform for Member Organizations.
- Participate in local and global SDSN Youth events, projects, campaigns and initiatives.
- Promote SDSN Youth Membership through your social media channels (Facebook, Instagram, Twitter, LinkedIn) and mailing list.
- Share SDSN Youth Official Logo (provided by SDSN Youth) on your website.
- Follow, like and share SDSN Youth’s official Facebook and Twitter pages.
Stage 1: Application and Completion of the Induction Course
The information submitted must be accurate, comprehensive, and relevant. The SDSN induction course should be completed within two weeks of the application submission. The link will be provided to you during the
Stage 2: Processing
After the recruitment period closes, Network Coordinators will review applications. The recommendations are then put to vote by the SDSN Youth Executive.
Stage 3: Acceptance or Rejection
Once the Executive has voted, your organization will be notified of the results.
Stage 4: Formal Acceptance and on-boarding Process
If accepted, your organization will be introduced to the most relevant SDSN National/Regional Center and invited to the first conference call with the Network Coordinator.
To join SDSN Youth, please submit an application via the online application form. Please note that applications received by email will not be considered.
For more information please visit: sdsnyouth.org/member-orgs